Saturday, June 7, 2008

The "Lay" Couch

My girls like to fight over who gets The Lay Couch. I love when kids make up names for crap. When I was growing up, for some reason we called the remote (for the TV) the "channelent." I don't know why, but I still call it that mostly, and sometimes just "the channel." I'm proud to say that my kids...and Heather also call it "the channel."

So most of the time they fight over who gets the lay couch. But when they are being heavenly, this is how I catch them.

Picture #1... no idea it was being taken


Picture #2... "What? A Camara? Let us pose!"


But they are cute -and I love when they lay together, watch TV (The Bass Pro Fishing Tournament this morning) and be sisters.

Love these girls!

11 comments:

Desire of Great Love said...

this is so precious! I miss them so much!
give them kisses for me!

Krista said...

omg there were not watching the bass pro tournament?! i see i've got some work to do on my short visit in exactly...11 days. brace yourselves! hey you get MTV right?! ahahahahahaa.....

Our Family said...

omg...is that tv face or what...blank stare..hahahaha.

no really though, it is so sweet when they have moments like that!

Our Family said...

hey...i made that pillow:)

heather b said...

I know, I know....you did make that pillow can you believe I still have them 6 years later!?? I actually just took back two pillows from marshall's that I bought to replace them and I just still loved the ones you made so much that I couldn't do it. I also kept the drapes you made for Chloe and Evalee's room and tried to redecorate the entire room around those drapes because they were so well made....I couldn't do it...I actually bought bedding and brought it home but it looked like I was trying to keep the drapes, you know what I mean???? It was sorta obvious that I was trying too hard ;0)

CFaith said...

I love made up names too! We tried to call the pacifier the "passy" and Cade has actually named it the "bummy". I like bummy way better than passy anway.

Beth said...

I love it when sisters love each other too! The girls look so sweet in those pictures. But I still would like to see the picture of them fighting over the balloon at your friends house!! And a picture of you disciplining them

the laundress said...

...as a mom with teenage daughters I'm just givin you a heads up...albeit slightly inappropriate...when they are 16 you won't want them calling it "the lay couch"...it will have an entirely different feel and may draw a crowd of fellas you'd have stay on their Bass Boats?

just saying!

Our Family said...

oh my word laundress...hahahahahahahhah...so funny!!!

pwdrd donuts said...

eeewwwwww!!!!

Krista said...

i know pwdrd donuts....
that laundress is so terribly inappropriate. seriously...