Sunday, June 22, 2008

I wanna a new camera too!

I think Heather mentioned the irritation we have with focus issues and our camera. Thing is, the more I do this blog thing, the more I'm noticing some really beautiful clarity you get from a good camera. Check this page and this page, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I want to take great pics like these (below) and while I actually love these shots, taken with my Nikon Coolpix 5200 - It took me about 35 shots just to get these. Argh! Any ideas for cameras under $1000 would be much appreciated. (Not that I'm getting one, I just want to "browse.") I talked to a guy at church today, who had a nice camera and he gave me some pointers that I can use with my crappy little, almost a toy, camera.

I planted this rose bush last year. It produces 2 to 3 blooms each summer. (Horticulturalist, I'm not. Just plant, and "finito," never touch it again.) But are they beautiful or what!?!?


5 comments:

The Liller Family said...

Yep, the flowers are beautiful - the foot, not so much! ;o)

Let me know how your research goes on a camera though - we're gonna have to buy a new one soon too!

Our Family said...

matt, there are some awesome deals right now on the nikkon D40 packages...which include and extra lense. check out ritz or kitts camera. they are a national chain, i think. there are usually alot of incentives like free classes (ours came with 18 classes that don't expire). these are all in the five to seven hundred dollar range, and are going quickly because of the new models that just came out.

hope this helps.

Krista said...

matt....there is also a nikon d80 or cannon rebel xsi (that's brand new this year...but it's earlier version the xti was very well rated) ....i don't actually have a dslr, but i look ....a lot.

Amy said...

OK...check out this guy's reviews on cameras...he's a expert on this stuff. I'm actually getting a Nikon d60 this weekend...although this guy loves his Nikon D40...

http://www.kenrockwell.com/index.htm He's a little happy in his photo...but knows his stuff. We've (my hubby and I) have been researching like crazy the last few months and we're happy to finally be getting the camera. Let me know if you've got any questions...I'm sure we've got them all answered.

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I came across Heather's after her friends found me. They all seem like a good bunch of friends!!

Anonymous said...

check out the canon powershot - SD 870 IS! i got a floor model a few months ago at best buy and i love it! there's a newer model out, but the 870 has more options for under $400.

jami