Thursday, May 15, 2008

Whatever!

Okay, little story...

Heather likes to tell people that I take forever to get ready, basically inferring that I'm a woman in the bathroom. Not true; never has been. I am usually about 20 minutes from start to finish including the shower, shoes, keys and coffee. I can do it in about 7 if I need to. But of course people believe her beacuse I seem the type, and I accept that. I think it's easy for people to believe her, because I look like this. I'm not sure why she does it though, but my therapist says it has something to do with her having BFLD.

Okay, so another thing she does is, when I even slightly mention our dog to people, (cause our dog is awesome and we are insanely in love with her) Heather rolls her eyes and says something like, "He thinks our dog is the best thing ever. It's kind of ridiculous." She says it like I'm one of those old ladies with 19 cats who insists that her house is kid friendly and free of feline AIDS.

So Heather has been doing this for a while and it's been bugging me cause I'm thinking, "How come you turn it off in front of people, but at home you talk to her like she's a newborn? You shouldn't be ashamed of your sappy, sappy, sugary sweet, schmalzy gushy feelings of dog love! Just admit it: step one."

So I've discovered that Mimi no longer wants to drink from her dog bowl, which I find a little strange. What could be the reason for this mystery in the Bays' home? And who's to blame for it? Hmmmmm....interesting. Could it be that Mimi prefers drinking out of a glass? Yep, that's right. Heather fills up a glass of water and let's Mimi drink from it? (I know, it's totally cute.) Last night I caught her.

Now you tell me? Who's ridiculously in love with A DOG???

Whatever!!!
(BFLD = Big Fat Liar's Disease)

5 comments:

The Liller Family said...

That is just too cute! Mimi is pretty cute anyway - always has been (but then again, I do have a love for buff colored cocker spaniels)! Oh and Matt, since you're so "buff" too, don't be takin' off your shirt anytime soon during service - you'll likely start a riot of screaming tween fans! ;o)

Our Family said...

you know she nurses that thing when you're not around!!!! i'm just sayin'...i wouldn't put it past her!

pwdrd donuts said...

Oh my word...that'd be the end of that dog.

Beth said...

This is so funny! You can't help yourself with that dog, she is so lovable..... The stuff you said about Heather is also what makes her so lovable!!!

Desire of Great Love said...

shut up! we do the same thing with Lola- that is so hilarious.
I do have to say Heather looks AMAZING- she looks as young & beautiful AND identical to how she looked in the picture when you two got engaged. GO GIRL!

Matt- you're hilarious.