Tuesday, April 29, 2008

American Idol Recap



Jason Castro:
I've always thought his confusion was a part of his charm. But not today. He was puffing up his cheeks while they were talking, and watching David C. take the stage while Ryan was still talking to him. Someone forgot their ritalin. And his songs....terrible. Actually the first was was decent. But the second, I could not repeat one word or note of it. Boring. Definitely bottom two - and he should probably do some packing.

David Cook:
I like him...still. Okay, let's talk about David though. Musically, love him. Great arranger, singer, great, great, great. Now hear me out for a sec. I'm not sure, but last week I thought... "Is david getting a little cocky?" There was one point, on voting night, when the two Davids were standing together and all the little Archuletta girls were screaming ...AT DAVID ARCHULETTA! Well, David Cook did this slight smile their way...AS IF! I think he thought they were screaming for him. David, we like your music, but you're a little creepy looking. And then tonight, while singing his second song, I could've sworn he did this "I'm already a rock star" eyebrow thing to some of the girls in the front row. Idunknow, i think he gettin' a wee bit too cool. But...still love his music. He will be just fine tomorrow.

Brooke:

Song #1 Dollywood
Song #2 REALLY liked it
Still don't like her very much. Makes me break out in a nervous sweat.

David Archuletta:
His voice is soooo pretty. Love it. But "Sweet Caroline" was marginal, pitchy, stupid. "We're coming to America" was better, but he looked like Elvis in "Jailhouse Rock." Anyone catch him when he got a little irritated at Simon? Simon said somewhat sarcastically, "That was a smart choice," referring to "Coming to America." Well, little David sort of winced and made this "What? I like that song, and I didn't sing it so "America" would vote for me." face. You don't like it David. We don't either. And neither does your dad, who made you sing it. Safe. Eyeometer: Still open.

Syesha:
Okay, I know I haven't been a fan. But I have to say, who even cares about her second song, which was just fine, "Hello" was about as professional a performance as I've seen on Idol. Simon said it was old fashioned. Totally disagree. I love it when a singer has all those vocal capabilities, vocal gymnastic abilities, reigns it all in, and just sings a song. It was beautiful! In my opinion, it was WAY the best performance of the night, and was probably the second best performance of the season, next to David Cook's "Eleanor Rigby." So will she be in trouble???? You just never know, do you? She could be depending on what America thinks of her past performances. I say, shouldn't be, based on this performance. No how.

Paula:
Her first song was schizophrenic, but her second song...wait, didn't she do ten songs? I thought she did twenty five songs!!!

Leaving this week: Castro
Should be: Castro
Might be: Syesha

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's it brother...how dare you say nasty words about my Jason Castro...dem's fightin words! My guess is Brooke is leaving...

pwdrd donuts said...

Brooke Shmook. I won't care if she leaves. But Castro was the worst I've seen him. He was as bad as that red-headed kid from season 3 that someone put a death threat on. The crooner dude. Buh-boo-ba-boo!

Jen said...

Brooke is totally leaving even though I agree with you about it being Castro. But I also think it could be a surprise vote off and be Syesha or one of the Davids. Ha!

And seriously? Who even likes Castro? Only 14 year old girls and druggies.

pwdrd donuts said...

...and my sister.

The Liller Family said...

Thanks for the update - I totally missed it last night (nothin' like going to a late baseball game on your anniversary!!!). Guess we'll see if you're right - maybe I should download Jason's song and see just how bad it really was...

Desire of Great Love said...

I also missed last night (visiting my new nephew in Port Huron Hospital), but I think I'm glad, because I HATE Neil Diamond!!! yeck!

by now, I wish they would just cut out the formalities, put both davids in the top, then let America choose already.

Yes, I agree Cook is cocky & creepy looking. I've thought he was full of himself from the beginning, but that's me :)

anyone who thinks Castro DOESN'T smoke pot doesn't live in the real world- he did an amateur replica photo of the famous Bob Marley pose smoking a roach. Ah well- I guess every American Idol can't be squeaky clean like Kelly or Carrie anymore...

Anyone up for White Trash Idol? I think it's a new show by Jerry Springer. The judges will be in bulletproof boxes and each performer has to sing in a cage so the other contestants won't kill them, and you're disqualified if you don't have a felony record and if you keep you clothes on. Expectations are low, yet winning is hard seeing how contestants can't stop trying to kill or injure the judges, fellow contestants and even their own family, because you know Billy Bob is sleeping with his brother Durell's baby's momma.
You bring the knife- I"ll bring the cheese!

Shannon said...

Thanks for your updates!! I love seeing what you have to say and would TOTALLY agree about the David Cook thing. In fact, Jason was saying that's why he didn't like him about 3 weeks ago. So you guys have pretty good sensors to trust!! I still think he's going to win it all though. Not because she deserves it, but because of her lack of fan base I say it's Syesha tonight. Keep me posted to the end!!

Jen said...

I totally disagree about David. Totally, totally.

pwdrd donuts said...

Jen, you think he's NOT cocky? How you disagadee?

pwdrd donuts said...

Oh, and Beth - how can you call yourself a singer and be at a late night ball game. C'mon!!! Parenting can wait for later when Idol is on. ;)

Lily - is this not white trash idol. Cause I coulda swore Paula qualified.

Desire of Great Love said...

NO silly, I know that- now if the skunky-haired Amanda would've stayed, then I'd have to question it. I have seen the recaps of Pula like 40 bizillion-friggin-gor-thousand times and yes- she is high, drunk and a mental case, but we all knew that :)

I just thought WTIdol would give AI a run for it's money :)

The Liller Family said...

I know I know, I even put our freakin' wedding anniversary on hold for the all important baseball game - they could've at least won for us!!! Guess I'll stick to singing from now on, I've learned my lesson oh great one! ;o)

And... (you go Jen girl - got it right!!!)
IT'S ABOUT TIME BROOKE WENT HOME!!!
Woo hoo! Although they didn't have to put Jason on the couch first - give me a break already! He sooooo needs to go next week!

pwdrd donuts said...

Yes Beth, Jason should have had to sweat it out the entire show.