Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mmmmm Hmmmm...Gimme some Pat!



This is a serious Rock DIVA! Love me some Pat. So next weekend at church, our children's ministry has the service and some of the kids will be rocking out with us. So, to hit everyone (with our best shot) we are doing "We Belong" by Pat. We've changed a few of the lyrics, so they won't belong to "the thunder" as much as they'll belong to "the Father." Parents with kids will LOVE IT, doncha think? And the kids will be holding down that awesome kid's part in the background that we all loved but could never sing cuz it was too high...well, not for me, just for the rest of you. (my meaning? I'm awesome, hello!)

Our very own Beth Liller will be holding down the legendary pop diva's lead vocals. Oh, she can totally handle it...no worries there. But can she smear a little extra eye shadow, put some extra air in her hair, and find her old tube of "kissing slicks?" Filling a pop diva's shoes is certainly not all about the vocals!

And if you've never heard this song, or if you just need to hear it again, or catch a quick glimpse of Pat, well then, here you go! Have at it...she's all yours. It's strange how matronly Pat looks in this VH1 Classic. She looks like such a mom. Seriously though, love her vocals.

***Just as a tidbit of trivia ...did you know that Pat Benatar was accepted to Julliard School of Music in New York City? (a very prestigious music school), but bowed out before going, and then married her high school sweetheart and supported herself as a bank clerk and waitress before being signed by Chrysalis Records and recording her first album. Hmmm, surprised you didn't know that.

6 comments:

The Liller Family said...

Wow, she really does look matronly in that video - I was ready to wear my black tank top and thigh high boots (from the whole Love Is A Battlefield/Hit Me With Your Best Shot days), and even go get a few tattoos for effect! Oh well, guess the makeup will have to suffice! ;o) Hope we have some serious soprano kids! Grant was gonna sing until he heard how high it was!!!

Beth said...

I love Pat Benatar.....Good thing you aren't doing Hit Me With Your Best Shot or you would have had to asked me to come!!!! I guess your other friend Beth will have to do! I'm sure it will be great....I love that one too especially with the kids in the back round.

Kim said...

Super cool, but makes me sad. I miss having a church where things came together in a big way every now and then. REALLY MISS IT.

Desire of Great Love said...

(you forgot "sang opera before rock")
This is going to be so cool... I loooooooove me some Pat! Are you going to have it taped & youtubed?
I'm w/Kim... is there a church in Michigan that doesn't suck when it comes to awesome creativity & music?

Bill Wolfe said...

I love it when the kids join in the main worship service. Can't wait to hear it rock out.

Way to keep it fresh.

Jen said...

How fun. Wish I could be there. Go Beth! She'll be great.