Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's Closing Time (on fb)



Well, a couple things...First off - I've attached a photo collage of some of my favorite pics from our vacation (why I've been facebook AWOL the last week or so). Our new camera is amazing... love it. It's a Nikon D40 and you can pick it up at Target - and it's NOT $1,000. Love it!

Secondly - I am signing off of Facebook - closing up my page. There are so many things I want to do (write and write some more and keep writing) and fb has hogged all my writing time, which I miss). Yes, I'm going back to the dark ages of 2007 when I survived perfectly fine without fb. So I'll be closing up shop and shutting down my page on Saturday.That being said - I'm keeping my blog - cause I LOVE MY BLOG!

I realize that I'm not Obama or Oprah and some of you are thinking, "Really? So What? Who cares!!!" But for those of you who literally owe me your lives, (as I owe mine to Suzi Orman) I just wanted to let you know that it's closing time.

Lastly, a few of you have mentioned that you were planning to buy my book at some point. Well... I'm running a little "Blow Out Sale" for the next week (shut up Brian). Seriously, if you want it, you'll find in on sale for $9.08 - which brings my profit to exactly $.01, which makes me laugh. I'm no fool - I didn't write that sucka for nothing! I'm only leaving it at this price for a week - so NOW'S YOUR TIME!!! (I can already hear mouses clicking away) If you're interested, you can pick it up at www.lulu.com/mattbays or http://stores.lulu.com/mattbays

Okay - so that is it!

Love to you all - and to all... g'nite!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Awee! Sweet Freedom...that's what I called it. I've closed shop on fb now for a year. Miss talking to my friends very easily, but not missing the slight addiction I started instead of productivity ;). So I too am a blogger only (when I get to it too) and LOVE the freedom ;)! Thanks for the post and be anticipating more!!

pjhdx said...

Ok, that was weird. You wrote on my wall, and then you closed up your fb (before Saturday, i might add)...and then what you wrote just disappeared...as if you went into the witness protection program or something. 'Cause you can't write something if you don't exist. Hmmm...
Thanks for the positive motivation though...really.

The Liller Family said...

Well, I haven't closed up FB yet, but I've certainly scaled back from the days of checking it 50 million times a day and putting a status in every 5 minutes.

Still love to blog though, and I'm glad you haven't deserted that either - I love reading yours!

Beth said...

I don't care about the fb thing just don't ever close this up! The pictures are great Matt....don't you just love the camera? I can just see you carrying that thing around snapping pictures of anything you can see through the view finder. Anyways great pictures I look forward to seeing more. Could you give Heather a try so she gets a new post up on her blog?