Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween...here and gone!

Such a PERFECT night for Trick or Treating! My girls are getting older, but they still love getting dressed up for Halloween. And I have to admit...I love making their costumes. Anytime I get to throw caution to the wind and be creative, it's a good thing.

Chloe was a "Corpse Bride." She had many opinions about what she wanted. We worked it out and came up with this. Her head piece and hair ruled.


I had to sort of talk Evalee into her costume, but since she is ALLLL about comedy and being funny - she caved and went for it. Now I have to tell you - this costume was the deal. We had people rolling all night. Fun!




Here's our neighbor Chuck. He always gets dressed up.

It was a great time...lots of candy...lots of neighborly nods and waves... I love how fun little holidays can break up the monotony of our lives and bring so many of us together to celebrate.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

6 comments:

Alpha Dude said...

Loving the costumes.
You're very talented in more ways than I knew.

The Liller Family said...

Ask Chloe if I can borrow the hair for tonight's party - tell her I'm also going as a corpse bride!!! Too funny! Love Evalee's getup too - that is hilarious. I think the best thing we saw last night was a family where all the kids were dressed up as Pac Man characters! All homemade too, you would've appreciated it now that I see you have some hidden talents!

Beth said...

Great costumes! Your kids are getting big and they are as cute as ever. It looks like you had a great night! If you were here we could have topped it off with some cider on the front porch!

Desire of Great Love said...

Matt, you did SUCH a great job on the costumes- the girls look GREAT!!!
Hope everyone had a great time :)

Jen said...

Hilarious! Awe, I miss celebrating Halloween. It's not really appropriate for a 29 year old to "trick-or-treat"...

I'm glad to see you haven't become such a famous author that you've forgotten how to blog.

Shannon said...

Creativity!!!!! Love it!!