Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mike and the Nakies

For real -someone tell me why Michael Phelps and all his comrades are wearing my mother's bikini bottoms Circa DE 1977.

"Because they're testing new swimsuits in an Australian study to see if they're aerodynamic."

Really? I don't think so. How exactly would having the suit 2 inches above your business, make you swim faster? Right, it wouldn't. Just ask my mom. She could barely swim in hers 30 years ago and she can barely swim in her one piece with a skirt now. I mean C'mon!

We had a houseful the other night and were watching "Michael and the Nakey Nakey Boys" get their victory for the 4X100 relay, and when I mentioned their suits to our company (everyone is thinking it, no one is saying it)- everyone groaned. Is America groaning? Is God? :) I think America is groaning and should take a stand.

When I was in college, I was at a basketball game where a kid from the other team didn't have his basketball jersey tucked in. So we all chanted "Tuck in yer shirt, Tuck in yer shirt!" for about 30 minutes. We took small breaks here and there, but our tenacity paid off and our college erupted with a deafening cheer when he finally surrendered to our chant, and tucked in his shirt.

Could we do this with Michael? Could we chant, "put on your pants" or "pull down yer shirt?" and get him to comply? If I were in Beijing I swear I'd start recruiting some folks; some good ole Americans to clear their throats and sing. And if the Mike and the Nakies didn't comply, we'd throw very large swim trunks from the stands... maybe some knickers.

What can I say...I'm a socially active kind of guy. Anyway, this had to be called out.

Ahhhh... there we go. I feel much better.

13 comments:

Kim said...

HA HA HA! I love your photoshopped posts.

I totally agree as long as you change the swim dress to patriotic colors.

Beth said...

You are such a dork......and so wrong he can wear what ever he wants! I'm sure....have you paid attention to his speed.....He is awesome! Could you imagine how much your mothers long skirt would slow him down!

Pretty funny picture though.....I must say!

Unknown said...

He is wearing it because i personally asked him to! Don't mess with a good thing! :)

Hee Hee!

KDV said...

Matt...you're a hoot! Love you and miss you more! Keep writing~I'm loving it!

Desire of Great Love said...

um, I haven't been watching the olympics (I know, I'm going to hell... I didn't even know who Phelps was until the AT&T commercial) so this is purely from a visual stand point.
I'm gonna go with Dawn lady on this one...
hello........HAWT!!!!
I know, I"m naughty, but I LIKE it! LOL :)
(omg- I hope he's at least 18!!!)

hv said...

Ok...that is funny. Truthfully after they won that race and he was celebrating I kept thinking that his trunks were going to fall off! The whole time I was on edge just completely nervous...one slight move and whammy...then I started wondering if he shaved down there for more aerodynamics...no friction...ahh...that's enough!
Did you do something with his legs? They look a little large in the photo...and hairy!

DURHAM FAMILY said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning!

Krista said...

i don't see the problem? and i'm staring at the picture right now....i think it's like a good 3 inces above his business...so really, there's room for play there.

hahahahahaha....i just cracked myself up.

the laundress said...

ahhahahahhahahahhahah....and whoever the person is who asked if he shaves...um...NO...HE WAXED ALL HIS BUSINESS!

Anonymous said...

I think the green eyed monster is making an appearance... Did you put your head on his body - I bet then you might think it looks pretty good - huh? But I do want to know where you got a picture of my swimsuit!!!!! LOL

heather b said...

I just have this to say. When I look at Michael Phelps in his almost disappearing swimsuit, I do what I'm guessing a lot of very well honoring men do when they do their best not to stare at a woman's chest. I just try not to look. I WANT to look, I just try not to....you know what I mean? And Heidi, they are def. waxing. like EVERYTHING. O.k....enough of this!!

Our Family said...

God bless the Olympics!

Desire of Great Love said...

amen, katie! LOL