Monday, June 8, 2009

Trophys

I got a bunch of pictures coming at ya! It was Evalee's last soccer game and I have NO IDEA why I waited this long to take pictures - getting that "good shot" was entirely exciting! I'll start with this collage and then take you through 'em. Man, what a game! We lost...but it was still a great game - and great things happened after the game. (See below)



So this is by far, my favorite shot of the day. This little girl was on her tail the entire game. Evalee is a pretty aggressive player - she goes after the ball. It's still weird for us that OUR daughter is showing a lot of natural athletic ability. Especially since Heather is no Mia Hamm, and I still have been known to refer to her soccer uniform as her "soccer outfit"... or worse, her "soccer costume." The word "rehearsal" has also been used when asking her coach about her next practice. Right... embarrassing.


Okay, so these next six pics are one single progression, in order, that I caught on camera LOVE!






Best part about the above pic? Look in the upper right hand corner, in the background. I love that my girls are growing up with that kind of love.

Okay - so here is why I call this post "trophy." This is Evalee's coach. He invited the team to Oberweiss for ice cream, sort of as the celebration of the end of the season. When we got there, he had personally bought every girl on the team a trophy... on his dime. And spoke personal words to each of them, nailing the qualities of each girl on the team before handing them their trophy. What a guy...seriously. He has been an insightful coach, who has challenged the girls, shown a great competitive attitude and demonstrated excellent sportsmanship.



Can't tell you how proud we are of this girl. She is quite a kid!

4 comments:

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

Good game. Good parents. Good coach. Good ice cream. All is good. -Mr. Blonde

hv said...

Go Evalee!!! We are so proud of you! What great pictures!
Aunt Heidi

Anonymous said...

OMG! Could she be any cuter! She looks like such an athlete going for the ball...Yea Evalee! Aunt Wee

Beth said...

How did I miss this one? I guess I haven't been on here much lately. I love sports pictures my fav is the one of her running towards the ball. I never thought she would be so tall......she is beautiful and looks like we missed a good soccer player when we came to visit!