Friday, June 19, 2009

The Patio: Before and After

Before...

I've not been happy with this patio for a while - stained and ganked and driveway-ish.


After...

It's amazing what a little elbow grease and some concrete stain can do. I'm loving this new little sitting spot.

This is a closeup of the stencil.


Okay - so now someone tell me to stop - cuz I still have the stencil and I've been known to take a good thing too far. I've put it away for now, but I'm dying to do more crap with it. We'll see if I've learned my lesson.

The patio is growing on Heather (her and Evalee are not Change Junkies)... but they'll come around.

9 comments:

smchurchie said...

Oooh, I like the stencil. What kind of paint did you use to stick to the cement?

Kristin said...

Last time I was at your apartment, before the babies - there was a dresser with stencil on it you'd redecorated. You said to me "see this dresser? it almost caused a divorce"

Beth said...

Matt don't you just love paint or stain. It's fun to do and the results are all worth it......I love it! The stenciling looks great too. I will be getting some soon for my steps and grilling area. The color is perfect. I love how you just dive in.....I always wait to see how someone elses turns out!!!!!

designHER Momma said...

I think it really looks fantastic - great idea.

Anonymous said...

are you sure that wasn't paint by number? ;)

Desire of Great Love said...

it looks perfect!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!
Did the fish die from concrete stain fumes?!?!?!?!? :)

The Liller Family said...

Ya know - if you REALLY want to paint, we're getting ready to repaint our entire first floor (well, not the kitchen, but everything else is game). Just come on over with your paintbrush and stencils and you can paint until your heart's content!!! ;o)

Patio looks awesome - when do we get to come over and admire it in person???

Beth said...

How is it holding up???