Monday, May 4, 2009

Grateful


I spent some time working in the yard today. Then tonight I sat down, tired, on our back deck and was grateful. I don't know that women can fully understand the satisfaction that a man gets from owning land. There's something about it.

There's something in our sweat glands or somewhere, that desires to own land; to race out on a horse to get it...and then CLAIM it by stabbing a flag into the earth and stand proudly as others race by to find their piece of land. (Ever seen "Far and Away?" - great movie. Highly recommend it).

Anyway, tonight I felt it again. The pride of owning land, and then the gratefulness at what God had provided.
Goodnight.

1 comment:

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

Funny...I feel a sense of burden whenever I mow my lawn. And, wonder how many other things I could be doing. -Mr Blonde