Monday, May 4, 2009

Friends


John and Beth came for a visit this past weekend. It was a surprise for Heather's birthday. She was shocked when they showed up at our church here in Indiana, coming all the way from Flushing, Michigan.

Here are a couple pics from the weekend. (I knew I'd have to be the one to post this picture of Beth because Heather is just too nice to do it.) That pergola is where we sat and chatted on and on. It was excellent.

Well, we had a blast - great convos - great food - belly laughter. Man, I loved every minute of it.

There's something about being with friends. I'll tell you what I love; I love being able to be with people who really know you... like REALLY know you... people that you can say anything with - people that you can mess up with and they will still accept you for who you are... and even if they don't in that moment, you know they'll get over it and accept you later. I'll tell you what it is... it's grace. Being with people who know you and love you (the good and bad) is very simply... grace. And there was lots of it this weekend.
Here's to John and Beth!

8 comments:

Beth said...

We loved our time with you guys this weekend.....everything you said is so true. We talked about it on the way home and said the same things. Thanks so much for such a great life long friendship. We love you guys! I don't mind that stupid picture of me because I have a couple of you and I'm about to post them!!!!!!

Carin said...

raising my glass!

and I'm going to sit under that pergola someday.

I'm just sayin.

hdbl said...

get chur tail here girl.

i'll even fill your glass under my pergola.

and i think you look great in this picture beth!

The Liller Family said...

Know EXACTLY what you mean Matt - and I'm so glad for all of you that you had such a great time. Don't know John, but Beth seems like an awesome woman and I'm so glad you got her down here for some QT time with Heather - a great gift!!!

pen in hand, heart on sleeve said...

I've asked each of my kids to give their first daughter the middle name "Grace" because it is the essence of all that is good. It gives life! I wrote to you on my blog, too...
Warning... it's a book!

Beth said...

Matt,

I really enjoyed the worship last weekend. Can you send me the set list ? I would like to download some of the worship songs.

Carin said...

did you look toward the cross?

Beth said...

That was John not me....can't you tell? I don't do lists!