Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wood

Heather and I were glad to trade in our "Easy Bake Oven" when we moved from Michigan to Indiana. Now we have a real life "wood burning" fireplace... as it should be. I think it's funny that Heather's mom saw our new fireplace here in Indiana and said, "Awww, that's too bad... no gas logs."

A couple nights ago was our very first fire of the year. The girls are finally old enough to go get fire wood (mowing the lawn is just around the corner).

This pic is what they first came back with - and I said...

"Go get something bigger than baby wood!"


So they left and came back with this!

Impressive!

Happy Season!!!

6 comments:

Desire of Great Love said...

that's awesome :) LOL

Jen said...

We always used the ignite-a-log (or whatever they're called) logs. So easy. And they burned for hours. Expensive but kept me from foraging through the woods. Don't reall like to forage.

Down here in SoFlo, we don't even have heat in our house.

Beth said...

You slave driver!!!! I miss our real fireplace sometimes until it's time to clean up or I remember John's yearly hospitalized asthma attacks.

Enjoy......they sure are pretty and smell good. And on Christmas you can just toss the paper in instead of having so much garbage!

Katie Bautz said...

HAHAHA! I laughed out loud. how did they lift that STUMP?? hilarious

The Liller Family said...

Oh my gosh you're right - that IS hilarious!!! Tell them I'm proud they have such strong muscles. I wish we had a wood burning fireplace, guess I'll just have to admire yours...

giggalyssa said...

cute