Friday, January 23, 2009

You Know What I Think?



It doesn't really matter in the long run (or the short) but I want to give anyone who reads this blog permission to NOT have to use Internet, facebook, myspace, texting language. It's dumb. DUMB! And it's weird when 30-somethings write crap like "LMAO" or whatever. Half the time I'm trying to figure out what it means. Seriously, is the "hahahahaha" thing supposed to make me think you're really laughing, or is just to let me know that you've made a joke? Either way, I can't hear you laughing. But I can assume (even without notification) that when you read a cute comment, see a funny picture, or receive a text-joke, that you smile and go on with your day... and that you probably don't throw your head back and go "HA HA HA HA HA" right out loud. I could be wrong.

Would it be appropriate to reply SIMC if I get a text that's not really that funny and alls I'm doing is...well...sitting in my chair? Or should I comment IWIWMW (I wish I were more witty) in a comment box, if I'm at a loss? Or what about IOSYB as a sort of confessional if "I only skimmed your blog."

I have to be honest; I've done the "hahahaha" thing before. I only did it once but it felt weird... like I was lying; cuz I wasn't really laughing. But there are times I've been laughing real hard... but haven't let anyone, via the Internet, know. Was that laugh fractional? Was it wasted because no one knew I was LMAO? I read a comment recently on a facebook that went something like this:

"OMG - hahahahaha - that is hilarious - hahahaha. I'm totally LMAO - OMG - I can't believe that.... WTF - ahahahaha!"

I've also noticed that when GOOD Christians text they don't use "LMAO" but instead use "LMBO." And they also don't use "WTF" but instead use "WTF" (what the frick).

Obviously you can do what you want. I mean, who am I to make the rules? I guess I just think that Internet abbreviated-lingo should be reserved for college age and down - sort of how 70-year-old ladies shouldn't get breast implants, and 65 year-old-men shouldn't shave lines in the sides of their hair. That's it.

TFL,

Matt (thanks for listening)

16 comments:

hdbl said...

hahahaha!!!

hahahahahaha!!!!

LMBFAO

Lovingly,

YHW

Our Family said...

wait isn't that supposed to be YWH?

party pooper.

never thought i'd say that about you. it's officially true. you're just a party pooper!

and you dress so cool for your age...the irony.

:)

pwdrd donuts said...

Crap - i knew I was going to get into more abbreviations that I don't understand. YWH. Isn't that what happened in the year 2000?

Kim said...

I don't, but my BFF Jill does. :o)

Our Family said...

ohh, your hot wife, not your wife heather.

pwdrd donuts said...

OOoohhhhhh, thanks for clearing that up Katie. I was lost on that one.

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

...agreed. A guy in my office does the LOL thing all the time in emails! He sits 10 feet away from me and he's not laughing out loud. Drives me nuts! - Mr Blonde

pen in hand, heart on sleeve said...

Ohhhhh, I thought it was "your honest wife" - but I like "your hot wife" MUCH more - see just proof that I am WAY too old for this crap!
I just want to say that I was also lmbfao when I read Heather's post! Good Times!

Krista said...

interesting thoughts....but seriously, wtf?!

Carin said...

way to get in my head.
now I'm going to be questioning myself everytime I write lol. and ha ha.

as if I don't have enough in my head already.

(walk away, baby, walk away...)

smiling (not lol) at WTF and WTF as in frick.

Beth said...

I'm with you Matt just say it if your going to say it. The first time I used lol I thought it meant lots of love. Not good. Of coarse I'm not the one to ask since I don't even know real words half the time let alone abbreviations!

The Liller Family said...

I pretty much only use LOL - and it's funny b/c every time I write it, I usually am laughing - so now you're making me think people just don't laugh anymore!

And as for the age thing - I prefer to think of myself as still young - so I'm gonna keep using it! If for no other reason, than just to TRY to convince myself I'm still young!!! LOL!!!

BTW (oops, guess that's another one I use), does this mean your glass is 1/2 empty??? ;o)

Erin Pongratz said...

You crack me up! How about, twss...?

pwdrd donuts said...

Krista! You're back! Welcome home!

Katie Bautz said...

I hear that Erin! TWSS is so annoying!

Bill Wolfe said...

What if my Wii Fit "age" is 20? Can I use texting language then? I think I can :) How about the smiley? You like the smiley? :) :0) ;) :>) TTFN, Bill